Baked Apple with Vanilla Sauce
- Wash and core the apples, then cut 1/3 off the top as a cover.
- Put the egg whites in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until stiff. Add the nuts and carefully fold them under.
- Fill the apples with the egg white/nut mixture. In order to do so, take the cover off each apple and put in some of the mixture. Then put the cover back on.
- Set the apples next to each other in a heat-resistant pan.
- Put the butter in a pot and the pot on the hob. Select the special “melting” function and let the butter melt.
- Drizzle the liquid butter over the apples.
- Put the pan with the apples on a rack in the oven. Heat the oven at 180 ° C with the hot air function and bake the apples for about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the pudding according to the directions on the package – but use 1 litre of milk (instead of 500 ml).
- Once the apples are done, serve them with the sauce.
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
For the apples:
2 egg whites
100 g nuts, ground
50 g butter
For the vanilla sauce:
1 pouch vanilla pudding mix
(for 500 ml milk)
1 l milk
3–4 tbsp. sugar
Carbohydrates 192 g
Protein 57 g
Fat 118 g
Calories / bread units
Recipe 2115 kcal
Portion 529 kcal
Portion 4,0 BU