Vanilla cream with plum compote
- Cut the vanilla bean down the length and scrape the pulp out.
- Add the egg yolk, honey and vanilla to a mixing bowl and whip until frothy with an electric mixer.
- Add the egg white and the pinch of salt to a second mixing bowl and beat until stiff with an electric mixer.
- Add the cream to a mixing bowl and beat stiff with an electric mixer.
- Add the cream and egg white to the egg yolk mixture and gently fold under the cream.
- Fill glass bowls with the cream and refrigerate.
- Wash and pit the plums, and place in a saucepan with cinnamon and water. Place the saucepan on the hob and bring to the boil on the highest hob setting.
- As soon as it boils, turn the hob setting down to low and simmer the plums for about 5 minutes. Then remove from the hob and allow to cool.
- To serve, add some of the plum compote to the cream and garnish with a cinnamon star.
Ingredients (for about 4 people):
For the vanilla cream:
2 eggs yolks*
100 g acaciahoney
1 vanilla bean
1 egg white*
For the plum compote:
400 g plums
50 ml water
1 Tbsp acacia honey
1/2 tsp cinnamon
50 ml water
For the garnishing:
*Use only very fresh eggs, as they are consumed raw!
Carbohydrates 178 g
Protein 21 g
Fat 70 g
Calories / bread units
Recipe 1,461 kcal
Serving 365 kcal
Serving 3.7 BU