Category: Main Courses
- Pour the water into a mixing bowl and dissolve the yeast in it. Add the flour, oil and salt, and knead everything to a smooth dough using a food processor with the dough hook.
- On a well-floured surface, knead the dough again thoroughly, then put it back in the mixing bowl and let it rise, covered, in a warm place until it doubles in size.
- Peel the onions and cut them into thin rings. Place a pan on the hob and heat it up. Add the butter oil and onions, and sweat them for 10 minutes over medium heat. Then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C using upper and lower heat. Grease the oven pan (oven accessory). Take the dough out of the mixing bowl and roll it out to the size of the oven pan on a floured surface. Lay the dough into the oven pan so it is fully covered. Evenly spread the onion rings onto the dough.
- Put the creme fraiche and eggs into a mixing bowl and blend with the hand mixer. Pour the mixture over the onions.
- Evenly spread the diced bacon and Gouda on top. Put the oven pan into the preheated oven and bake the onion tarts for about 30 minutes until it is nicely browned.
- Then take out and serve immediately.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 baking sheet - 20 pieces):
For the dough
350 g flour
1 cube yeast (42 g)
75 ml oil
150 ml lukewarm water
1 tsp. salt
For the topping
1 ½ kg Spanish onions
4 tbsp. butter oil
300 g crème fraîche or sour cream
125 g bacon, diced
200 g gouda, grated