Category : Main course
- Soak the peas overnight in plenty of water.
- The next day, peel and dice the potatoes and carrots in small pieces.
- Peel and cut the onion in small pieces. Wash the leek and chop it finely. Drain the water from the peas.
- Put a saucepan on the hob, add the butter and heat up on highest level. Add the onions, potatoes and carrots in the pan and fry it briefly.
- Then add the peas and quench with water. Let the peas boil and then turn the heat down to low and cook the peas until they are soft (about 60-90 minutes, depends on the variety).
- When the peas are cooked, pour about half of the soup into a second bowl and purée the peas. Then put them together again in a pot. Bring this to your personal taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut the sausages into small slices and add them to the soup.
- To serve, pour the soup into bowls or plates and garnish with the parsley.
Tip: The peas are more digestible if the water used for soaking is not used for cooking. Only salt the soup after cooking, otherwise the peas will need a much longer cooking time.
Ingredients (for about 4 servings):
500 g peas, dried
500 g potatoes
½ stick leek
250 g carrots
100 g celery
1,5 l water
butter for frying
parsley to taste